Our Coalition Says Yes! On Measure DD
WE WANT PRESCHOOL FOR ALL SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO!
We are child care providers, preschool teachers, local union members, community organizations, parents, activists, and San Mateo County residents who understand that early care and childhood education is integral to the well-being of our shared community.
By guaranteeing high-quality early care and education to all families living and working in South San Francisco, and by ensuring that qualified, experienced preschool teachers and care providers are paid a living wage, we will give our children the educational resources they need to thrive.
The coalition for Measure DD includes:
- AFSCME Local 829, the union representing preschool teachers and staff in South San Francisco’s Parks and Recreation programs.
- UDW / Child Care Providers United, the union representing early education and child care workers in South San Francisco’s family-owned preschools and child care centers.
- AFT 1943, the union representing the San Mateo Community College Federation of Teachers.
- NAACP San Mateo, South City’s local chapter of NAACP, whose mission is to secure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons.
- Peninsula Democratic Socialists of America, South City’s local chapter of DSA, which is committed to building a system where ordinary people have a real voice in our workplaces, neighborhoods, and society.
- Peace Action of San Mateo County, which supports “People Over Pentagon.” We believe Measure DD is a great example of local government prioritizing children and our future.
- Faith in Action Bay Area, a network of congregations and community leaders working to uphold the dignity of all people. We develop shared leadership, promote civic engagement, and lift up our faith values in order to confront power and transform systems.